Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I order RapidBac™Vet?
You can order online at www.rapidbacvet.com or call toll-free 888 438 1942
2. What is the shelf life of RapidBac™Vet?
3. Does RapidBac™Vet need to be refrigerated?
No. The tests can be stored at room temperature.
4. Interpreting Results for RapidBac™Vet
If the control line was bright, but the test line(s) were faint - this is a valid test showing a POSITIVE result. A faint line in a positive results may be caused by a low concentration of bacteria (10E3 - 10E4 CFU/ml) or a species of bacteria that expresses low levels of the targeted antigen on its surface. In these cases, bacteriuria is definitely present even though the line is faint.
If both the control line and the test line(s) were very faint, then the test was not valid - please call Customer Service at 888 438 1942 and we can troubleshoot the procedure.
5. What is the science behind RapidBac Vet?
RapidBac™ Vet is a lateral immunoassay that uses monoclonal antibodies that specifically bind to a bacterial cell surface antigen.
6. Does RapidBac™Vet sell through VCA ANTECH?
Yes. RapidBac™Vet's VCA vendor number is 86968
7. Does RapidBac™Vet have a subscription service?
We sure do! If you frequently reorder with us we have a subscription service we can custom tailor to your schedule. Give us a call at 888 438 1942 and we will get you set up.